Home | Learning Centre | Questions and Answers
Questions and Answers
If you have any burning questions about technique or need advice with a tricky problem, please Ask Janet
Embroidery and Stabilisers
- 1/ Which stabiliser should be used on fleece fabric which stretches as I embroider.
- 2/ I wish to embroider a logo on fleece. Which is the best stabiliser to use and is there an ...[ view ]
- 3/ Do you operate any classes at a weekend for someone who can sew having learnt at school ma ...[ view ]
- 1/ I've read your article on choosing a pattern size but am still unable to do so; I have ...[ view ]
- 2/ MY TROUSERS ARE ALWAYS TOO BIG AT THE SEAT, HOW CAN I ALTER THEM.
- 3/ please can you tell me the best way to fit a dress zip (20")?
I have also lined the ...[ view ]
- 4/ I've just logged on for the first time .I'm interested in the bosum buddy course-c ...[ view ]
- 5/ I am unable to get patterns to fit me. I measure for a size 16. My measurements indicate t ...[ view ]
- 6/ Hi Janet,
I've just bought a dress from M&S -size 10, White linen blend, shift s ...[ view ]
General Tips and Techniques
- 1/ How to match pinstripes when making a pair of pants?
- 2/ How to cut suit trouser?
- 3/ What does topstich mean?
- 4/ Hi Janet I hope you are very well and surviving this heat.
My friend Sam is b ...[ view ]
- 5/ Hi Janet,
I would like some advie on how to sew boning in a princess line dress from ...[ view ]
- 6/ Hi Janet,
I would like your advice on how to make an alteration on a trouser pattern ...[ view ]
- 7/ Hi,
I am starting to make leather belts and bags and wondered if you could a ...[ view ]
- 8/ Janet
I really struggle with Zips I can see what I need to do but at the pont ...[ view ]
- 9/ Can I remove a lining from pants and still wear them?
- 1/ Can anyone help settle a debate about why some garments have the pockets stitched up, shou ...[ view ]
- 2/ hi Janet, how can i do an all encompasing course that will take me from foundation to fini ...[ view ]
- 3/ Hi Janet,
I would like to know where in the uk i can purchase a tailors
boar ...[ view ]
- 4/ Hi Janet,
In one of articles you wrote in sewing world there is a photograph of you ...[ view ]
- 1/ Hi Janet, i have 2 overlockers both Janome. One is a 134D the other 9200D. When i overlo ...[ view ]
Sewing Machine Problems
- 1/ Janet I am having problems with twin needle on the Designer 1. Got it on twin need ...[ view ]
- 2/ Hi Janet hope you are very well and do not have my cold. I do miss you all and please say ...[ view ]
- 1/ Hi janet,
im making a frill out of netting to attach to a skirt but every time i tr ...[ view ]
- 2/ Hi Janet,
Sometime ago I purchased some bias tape from you but i was a bit co ...[ view ]
- 3/ Hi Janet
In the designer dressmaking class at Alston you showed us a clever way to s ...[ view ]