Heirloom sewing workshop
I’m pleased and excited to announce a re-introduction of our popular Heirloom sewing workshop. During the day you will make a Victorian cushion cover with double layer frilled edging and buttoned back during the course. The course is very intensive and needs confident sewing skills, but it’s well worth the effort to learn these beautiful techniques.
These skills can then be used to make beautiful blouses, lingerie and baby dresses, including christening robes. Can’t wait to teach this one!
Replicate Victorian white work in our re-introduced one day workshop to produce a beautiful sample cushion cover with frilled border.
What you will learn
- You will experiment with various stitches of the machine ( or you may prefer to bring your own) to create stylish effects with a wing sewing needle and embroidery thread.
- We will use 100% natural cotton, before working on nine squares, using a variety of techniques to complete the cushion front.
- Topics will cover Elizabethan puffing, lace appliqué and shadow work as well as creation of textured and balanced surface design. The reverse of the cushion will have a three button fastening and lace embroidery trim insertion.
- You will also learn how to insert a double layer frill to the outer edges to complete the cushion.
- All materials are included in the fee.
A unique opportunity to learn traditional skills to pass on to future generations that would otherwise be lost forever! A day not to be missed!