Make it your own day
Sorry, July 17 workshop fully booked. Extra course arranged for 24 July
Make it your own day is a popular workshop that provides an opportunity to work on a project of your choice and is run from our brand new custom built sewing studio in Farington.
Work on new techniques; complete a project currently under assembly or address individual areas for improvement.
The workshop caters for all levels of ability from novice to more experienced and is a popular choice for mum’s and daughter’s who like to share an interest and enjoy a productive day together!
Make it your own day is repeated once a month and provide maximum flexibility for all. Small classes ensure that help and advice is available to everyone.
What you will learn
Absolutely what ever you want! Tailor the day to suit your requirements, whatever your skill level.Popular choices
Pattern fitting advice is a popular choice, where you will be taught how to alter your pattern pieces to your individual shape, an absolute must in achieving the optimum effect.
Need help putting the pieces together? Garment construction with a professional approach is what Janet will guide you through, teaching simple methods and time saving trade secrets to a professional finish.
If you’re struggling with your overlocker you can cover the basics of threading, mastering tensions and practical techniques to take the fear away!
Even cushions, curtains and bag making can be covered on this day dealing with zip applications and piping details as required
Covid 19 Safety Measures
- Sewing machines and equipment will have been sanitised as you enter.
- You will be provided with a ‘Splashguard safety visor’ for use during your session. Or you may prefer to bring your own or a mask. There will be a maximum of six students in a class.
- Hand sanitising dispenser, hand washing facilities and cleansing wipes will be available
- You will be asked to bring what equipment you have such as scissors, pins etc. to minimise the sharing of equipment.
- Anything you do use must be sanitised before putting away.
- At the end of your session, you will be asked to wipe down the machine, desk and ‘Splashguard safety visor’ before leaving.
Choose from any of the advertised courses offered on the website or contact me to discuss your specific requirements. Advice will be given on materials required, or addition costs, depending on your chosen subject. Make your booking online and bank transfer details will be emailed to you.
- Category: Courses
- Skill Level: All Levels
- Course Duration: 1 Day
- Cost: £85
Tip for mobile phone users
Turn your phone to landscape view when booking to see quantity box !