Sorry, July 17 workshop fully booked. Extra course arranged for 24 July
Join our pattern fitting workshop
In this one day pattern fitting workshop you will learn the secret of how to alter patterns to fit you perfectly. No more baggy necklines, gaping armholes or badly fitting bust darts. Suitable for all skill levels.
Full bust alterations a speciality!
Full busted and struggling to make the pattern work for you? Being a ‘GG’ fitting myself, I have first hand experience of the problems this can cause and will guide you through the steps needed, including which pattern size to work with, based on your chest to bust ratio.
You will be taught how to add extra to the bust measurement, without compromising the fit around the neck and armholes.
What you will learn
Bring along a pattern to the pattern fitting workshop for a blouse, top, skirt, dress or jacket. You will learn how to alter the pattern to your personal fit, following step by step guide lines. You will then proceed to make a calico toile (test garment) to check and fine tune the fit.
Janet has fitted hundreds of students using this method. Satisfaction guaranteed in this highly practical workshop. Advice on choice of pattern size and a list of requirements will be provided on booking.
No need to bring your machine as quality Janome sewing machines are provided.
Covid 19 Safety Measures
- Sewing machines and equipment will have been sanitised as you enter.
- You will be provided with a ‘Splashguard safety visor’ for use during your session. Or you may prefer to bring your own or a mask. There will be a maximum of six students in a class.
- Hand sanitising dispenser, hand washing facilities and cleansing wipes will be available
- You will be asked to bring what equipment you have such as scissors, pins etc. to minimise the sharing of equipment.
- Anything you do use must be sanitised before putting away.
- At the end of your session, you will be asked to wipe down the machine, desk and ‘Splashguard safety visor’ before leaving.
Bookings PolicyThere is a £10.00 administration charge for booking cancellations up to seven days before start date. We are unable to refund fees for cancelled bookings after this time, however a transfer can be arranged which incurs a £30.00 surcharge.