Sorry, July 17th workshops fully booked.
We have introduced an extra workshop on July 24th due to popular demand
What you will learn in our Sewing for Beginners
In our Sewing for beginners course you will learn how to thread and operate a sewing machine, selecting the correct stitch for each technique undertaken and complete a simple project using your newly acquired skills. You will have the choice of four projects ranging from easy peasy to more challenging as follows:
- Making a fully lined and structured tote style shopper with lined pocket.
- Making a full-length cookery apron featuring frilled hem, curved clean finish seams, darts and faced edges.
- Making a quilted apron to hold all your sewing equipment, featuring three pockets, a fitted waistband, covered buttons and machine worked buttonholes.
- Make a lined six pocket tote bag
This workshop is repeated each month so if you’re spoiled for choice you can choose another next time to round out your sewing skills! All materials supplied.
Covid 19 Safety Measures
- Sewing machines and equipment will have been sanitised as you enter.
- You will be provided with a ‘Splashguard safety visor’ for use during your session. Or you may prefer to bring your own or a mask. There will be a maximum of six students in a class.
- Hand sanitising dispenser, hand washing facilities and cleansing wipes will be available
- You will be asked to bring what equipment you have such as scissors, pins etc. to minimise the sharing of equipment.
- Anything you do use must be sanitised before putting away.
- At the end of your session, you will be asked to wipe down the machine, desk and ‘Splashguard safety visor’ before leaving.
What you will need
No need to bring, or even own a sewing machine as quality Janome DKS30 modern sewing machines are provided. Most new students are unsure of what machine to buy so trying out a class machine first is a wise move!
Our sewing machines have a speed control, in addition to the foot pedal so that students feel completely at ease and can adjust the speed to a level that they’re comfortable with. This quickly instills confidence, which is so important in developing a new skill.
General sewing equipment and haberdashery is available to purchase at the school. Pins, scissors, tape measure, unpick, sewing gauge and thread are generally all that’s needed to start with. Fabric and thread is supplied in this course.
Our venue and facilities
We are ideally situated just minutes from M6, M61 and M65 motorway junctions in Farington and have excellent spacious ground floor facilities and free car parking.
As well as our quality modern Janome sewing machines and overlockers, we have excellent pressing equipment from Philips and raised cutting areas to save your back!
Small classes and expert tuition ensure that you will complete your course with confidence. Join this popular workshop to start your journey on a life time of fun and creativity! To book your place, select ‘make booking’ submit your details and bank transfer details will be emailed to you.
Tip for mobile phone users
Turn your phone to landscape view when booking to see quantity box !
fill in our contact form for further info